Mediator Sarah Langeveld
Mediator Sarah Langeveld. Mediation Leicester, twenty years experience in Sales and Finance in a global retail bank, supporting external customers, staff members and internal clients of the Finance function. Recognised as delivering outstanding customer service and utilising a wide range of skills to add extra value to Finance roles.
Expertise includes communicating finance & financial issues to non-finance managers, through the use of transparent business modelling and the development of intra-company relationships. Also, ensuring Finance is a well-respected, key player in the Business at all times.
- Delivered £1.25m cost saving, through identifying and championing a revised Debit Card strategy;
- Audited the marketing spend process on behalf of Group Services, identifying areas for improvement and implementing a plan which resulted in the prevention of up to £5m unauthorised spend;
- Produced robust models for complex financial issues, including pricing decisions, resulting in a deeper understanding of the Business\’ dynamics and the ability to deliver sound pricing decisions. This contributed to the closure of a £500m+ income gap left by the low base rate environment.
- Recognised as being instrumental in building broken relationships within the Bank, bringing about cost synergies of up to £1m and improved communication;
- Played a key role in shaping the Personal Retail Banking strategy through close stakeholder management, delivering robust modelling and enabling the bank to successfully re-launch its Current Account range, thereby filling a £300m p.a. income gap, projected for future years;
- Renegotiated an £80m transfer pricing arrangement between two clusters in the Company. Liaised with the Group Chief Financial Officer and other Finance Directors, facilitating the successful negotiations, including attending all meetings.
- Re-engineered the Short and Medium Term Planning process, introducing new methods of collation and calculation of the £2bn income target. Maintaining close collaboration with the Business at every stage resulted in them buying in to the stretch target, which was achieved;
- Building a number of robust financial models for understanding project impacts, providing challenge where appropriate and ensuring Value Based Management principles applied. This ensured that the £5m Strategic Investment budget provided maximum contribution to the Retail Bank\’s target of increasing income by 10% p.a.
- Re-designed the financial reporting throughout the Marketing and Product functions, enabling them to understand and act on their financial results more quickly;
- Delivering clear and concise training to non-finance managers and staff in finance fundamentals, to enable them to have a clearer understanding of their business and responsibilities;
- Winner of 2 national awards for driving performance within the Finance function.
- Utilisation of non-technical skills to enhance team performance, resulting in recognition as a high performing team with 4 associated awards;
- Championing the drive for a Company-wide mentoring scheme for people studying for accountancy exams. Coach-mentoring up to 5 studiers based in the Midlands, with all of them completing their exams successfully.
Mediator Sarah Langeveld CAREER HISTORY
3600 Business Solutions Ltd (Business Consultancy) Managing (Sole) Director 2009 – date
Barclays Bank plc (Retail Banking Senior Finance Business Partner, Retail Products (Cards & Savings 2007 – 2009
Senior Finance Business Partner, Retail Products (Strategy) 2004 – 2007
Business Performance Analyst, Retail Banking 2004 – 2004
Finance Business Partner, Retail Products (\”Openplan\”) 2002 – 2004
Finance Analyst, Marketing 2000 – 2002
Branch Network roles, including Branch Manager and Mortgage Manager 1990 – 2000
Mediator Sarah Langeveld QUALIFICATIONS AND CPD
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner
- ADR Group Accredited Mediator
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development,
- Certificate in Coaching & Mentoring (due to complete June 2010)
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Word; SAP R3 & SAP BW – highly competent user
- Mediation panel member of Effective Dispute Solutions Limited
To appoint this mediator please call 0800 246 1218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org