Barrister, Employment Judge & Commercial Mediator
Trained and Accredited by CEDR
- Qualified 1999
- Highly experienced, having conducted in excess of 20 mediations
- 90% success rate
- 1998: CEDR (Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution) Accredited Commercial Mediator
- 2002: MATA (Mediation and Training Alternatives) Advanced Mediator Skills Training Course, Italy
- 2004: TeCSA (Technology and Construction Solicitors Association) Specialist Construction Course for Mediators
Commercial contract; Employment; Landlord & Tenant and Property
- A sex discrimination/constructive dismissal case brought against the Police Force. This took place over two days and resulted in financial settlement and reinstatement.
- A contractual dispute concerning copyright and CD-rom manufacturing. Resolved to each party’s mutual satisfaction.
- A stale boundary dispute. This had been ongoing for several years but was settled at the end on a single day of mediation.
- A disagreement concerning the supply of seafood, requiring an innovative approach and resulting in both settlement and continued business relationship.
- An assault/false imprisonment case again brought against the Police Force. This was resolved over the course of one day with one party agreeing to pay an undisclosed sum and costs to the other.
- A number of building disputes.
BARRISTER (Called 1996)
- Specialist employment practitioner covering all major aspects of employment law.
- My caseload comprises a broadly even split of Respondent and Claimant work.
HM ARMED FORCES
- Army Officer, The Light Dragoons (1989-94)
- I joined the army as a Short Service Officer in a Reconnaissance Regiment and was promoted to Captain after two years. I served in the UK, Norway, Germany and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- 1995-1996 The Inns of Court School of Law Bar Vocational Court (Graded ‘Very Competent’)
- 1994-1995 The College of Law Common Professional Examination
- 1989-1990 Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst Officer Training
- 1985-1989 University of St Andrews MA (Hons) English Literature