Although these disputes, generally can be over anything, with anyone. Typically, they will be between family members, or close village members, friends in the previous country and or now the UK.
The usual issues in dispute concern;
- Out of caste, out of race marriages
- Returning of a dowry
- Operation of Mosques
We have mediated several disputes involving the management of Muslim Mosques. Unfortunately, the disputes have involved;
- Allegations of fraud, theft
- Mis management, misappropriation of money
- Mis management, misappropriation of property
- Unconstitutional behaviour
- Management committee issues
- Not complying with the Charity Commissions regulations
- Health & safety issues
It is not uncommon for disputes in Pakistan to surface, and or resurface in the UK. For example, I loaned you £12000 for your daughter’s wedding. AND, whilst I’m here, we need to discuss the land shares in Pakistan. Which we haven’t divided.
Sometimes a dispute is inherited and passed through to the next generation. Whereby the children or grandchildren who had nothing to do with the original dispute(s), now are held accountable, and responsible.
Language, culture, tradition, religious, logistical and jurisdiction barriers just further fuel the dispute. Making it that much more frustrating, complicated, stressful, time consuming and expensive.
Our Muslim mediators have mediated several disputes between them, which have encompassed disputes specifically within the UK Muslim community.
They would be the obvious choice, as they understand;
- The culture, they know it and have been brought up in it
- Speak the language – mother tongue of the disputants
- Can grasp the issues quicker than mediators who have not grown up in the culture
Muslim Mediation Video
Our Muslim Mediation Services, Muslim Mediators Are
Accredited & trained through one or more of the following mediation training bodies. CEDR, the Academy of Experts, CIArb & the ADR Group. Who are considered to be amongst the leading mediation training institutes in Europe.
CLICK ON THE MEDIATORS NAME TO VIEW THEIR WHOLE CV
Director, International Commercial & Workplace Mediator & Trainer
Barrister, Mortgage Advisor & Commercial Mediator