Indian Mediation, many UK Indian residents. Who come from a Sikh, Hindu, Punjabi, Sindhi, Gujarati, Jain, Buddhist, Christian, Pakistani & Muslim background, have disputes in the UK as well as India.
Although these disputes, generally can be over anything, with anyone. Typically, they will be between family members, or close Pind (village) members, friends in India or the UK. Who are all now predominately UK residents.
It is not uncommon for disputes in India to surface, resurface in the UK. For example, I loaned you £7000 last year, AND, whilst I’m here, we need to discuss the land in India, you still owe me for etc.
Sometimes a dispute is inherited and passed through to the next generation. Whereby the children or grandchildren who had nothing to do with the original dispute(s), now are held accountable, and responsible.
The usual issues in dispute concern;
- Out of caste, out of race marriages
- Returning of a dowry
- Operation of religious organisations
Language, culture, tradition, religious, logistical and jurisdiction barriers just further fuel the dispute. Making it that much more frustrating, complicated, stressful, time consuming and expensive.
We have mediated several disputes involving the management of Sikh Gurdwaras, Hindu Temples, and Muslim Mosques.
Unfortunately, the disputes have involved;
- Allegations of fraud, theft
- Mis management, misappropriation of money
- Mis management, misappropriation of property
- Unconstitutional behaviour
- Management committee issues
- Not complying with the Charity Commissions regulations
- Health & safety issues
Our Sikh, Hindu & Muslim mediators have mediated several disputes between them, which have encompassed disputes specifically with the UK Indian community.
They would be the obvious choice, as they understand;
- The culture, they know it and have been brought up in it
- Speak the language – mother tongue of the disputants
- Can grasp the issues quicker than mediators who have not grown up in the culture.
Indian Mediation Video
Our Indian Mediation Services, Indian Mediators Are
Accredited & trained through one or more of the following mediation training bodies. CEDR, the Academy of Experts, CIArb & the ADR Group. Who are considered to be amongst the leading mediation training institutes in Europe.
CLICK ON THE MEDIATORS NAME TO VIEW THEIR WHOLE CV
Director, International Commercial & Workplace Mediator & Trainer
Barrister, Mortgage Advisor & Commercial Mediator