Barrister & Commercial Mediator
- LLB: 1978
- Solicitor: 1981
- MCIArb: 2004
- Called to the Bar: 2006
- Northampton Grammar School: 1968-1975
- LLB Birmingham University: 1975-1978
- College of Law, Guildford: 1978-1979
- Bar Aptitude Test: 2006
- Solicitor, Dennis Faulkner & Alsop: 1981-1982
- Partner, Dennis Faulkner & Alsop: 1983-2006
- Barrister, Farrar’s Building: 2007 to date
- CEDR Accredited: 1996
- CIArb Panel: 2005 to date
- Member AMM: 2001 to date
- Intermediation Panel: 2001 to date
- Mediation panel member of Effective Dispute Solutions Limited 2010 to date
Grant’s background involves both commercial and contentious aspects of the law. His experience includes the handling of high volume personal injury claims and professional negligence claims for insurance companies, as well as non-contentious work including company sales.
More recently Grant has concentrated on contentious commercial and professional issues primarily personal injury and employment matters. He acts as an advocate in the Civil Courts and Employment Tribunals.
Grant has successfully mediated disputes in a wide range of fields including Construction, Commercial Contracts, Corporate Sale, Landlord and Tenant, Employment, Personal Injury, Professional Negligence, Malicious Prosecution and Wrongful Arrest, Franchise, Insurance, Travel and Housing. He has CEDR specialist training in Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury.
Grant also trains mediators and has assisted CEDR’s training faculty. He is currently a member of coaching faculty on the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators mediator training course to which he has contributed a paper on law for mediators.