Mediator Paul Newman
He has a particular interest in building and civil engineering claims.
He also deals with professional negligence matters (especially claims relating to building professionals), property litigation including rights of way and boundary disputes and general contract / commercial disputes (including consumer law).
Called to the Bar by Gray’s Inn in November 1982, Paul completed pupillage in leading commercial Chambers in London (1982-1983). After practising at the Manchester Bar, he worked for a well-known firm of construction claims’ consultants in the North-West before settling in Cardiff (1990). In Cardiff he worked for two major regional solicitors’ practices (specialising in construction law, adjudication, arbitration and mediation) before joining 3 Paper Buildings (Bristol annex) (now 3 PB barristers) in September 2006. He has both acted as a mediator and represented parties in excess of 60 mediations. He writes and lectures on mediation and related topics.
Speaks and writes fluent French as well as having a detailed knowledge of Spanish and German.
OVERVIEW OF EXPERIENCE:
Paul has been involved in approximately 60 mediations –
- Building and engineering disputes (domestic and commercial)
- Sale of goods (including consumer credit)
- Partnership disputes
- Unfair prejudice to a shareholder
- Professional negligence
- Professional negligence claims
- Boundary disputes
RECENT MEDIATION EXPERIENCE:
- A dispute between an absentee Russian property owner and a contractor relating to a major house refurbishment in North London
- A civil engineering claim relating to the migration of Japanese knotweed
- Termination of a collaboration agreement in the construction industry
- House renovation contract in the South Wales Valleys
Paul is a graduate (1980) of Clare College, Cambridge (MA) – Modern and Medieval
Languages (French & Spanish).
He completed the Diploma in Law (1981) (City University) and Bar Finals (1982) at the Council of Legal Education (London)
- Called to the Bar by Gray’s Inn, November 1982
- ADR Group accredited mediator 2001
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators 1999
- RIBA and CIC accredited construction industry adjudicator 1997
Gray’s Inn; Bar Council listed mediator; Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Oxford Mediation
Group, Talk Mediation and Mediation panel member of Effective Dispute Solutions Limited
To appoint this mediator please call 0800 246 1218 or email email@example.com