Dr Peter Fenn BSc PhD FRICS FCIArb
BSc PhD FRICS FCIArb, Academic, Quantity Surveyor, Adjudicator, Arbitrator & Commercial Mediator
- Senior Lecturer – University of Manchester
- Partner – MJM Chartered Quantity Surveyors
- Trustee of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Elected member of Dispute Resolution Faculty Board at the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Fellow Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Registered Mediator Centre for Dispute Resolution
- Diploma in Arbitration College of Estate Management
- Fellow Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
1980-1983 Assistant Quantity Surveyor, Chartered Quantity Surveyors London.
1984: Site based Quantity Surveyor, Balfour Beatty Construction Liverpool.
1984-1988 Quantity Surveyor, Civil Engineers British Rail London and Swindon.
1988-date Self employed consultant, Bristol Manchester and Dundee.
1993-date Mediator at the Centre for Dispute Resolution (CEDR) London.
1994 -date Mediator, President’s Panel, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
1999-date Independent Expert on the President’s Panel at the RICS
2000-date Mediator on the Panel at the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
2002-date Mediator on the Panel at the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
2004-date Adjudicator on the panel at the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
1988: Visiting lecturer, Bristol Polytechnic.
1988-1990 Lecturer, Dundee Institute of Technology.
1990-2001 Lecturer, UMIST.
1992-date Tutor University of Bath
1994: Tutor Horsens Polytechnic Denmark
1995: Visiting Professor Florida International University
1995: Visiting Professor University of Kentucky
1997-1998 Scholar in Residence University of Kentucky
2000: Visiting Lecturer Tsinghua University China
2001-date Senior Lecturer University of Manchester
- Registered Mediator at CEDR from 1993
- President’s Panel of Mediators at the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors 1994
- Panel of Mediators at the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators 2000
- President’s Panel of Independent Experts at the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors 1999
- Mediator Leeds Court Scheme 2000
- Mediator Manchester and Liverpool Combined Court Scheme 2000
- Mediator Birmingham Court 2002
- Adjudicator on the President’s Panel at the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators 2004
Some Recent Notable Referrals & Experience
1995, The World Bank, The British Council and the National Institute for Highways and Transport India. Delhi India on the use of ADR.
1997, Report for MOD on target cost and incentive contracts.
1998, Report for Hong Kong Construction Association on the Allocation of Risk in Construction Contracts.
2000 Onwards, Course Tutor CIArb Mediation Training
Course Director CIArb Mediation Assessment
2003, Report for Hong Kong (SAR) Government on Dispute Resolution and Avoidance Mechanisms
Mediation in various countries,1998 Report for Hong Kong Construction Association on the Allocation of Risk in Construction Contracts; 2000 Invited Speaker at Hong Kong Whose Risk Conference and follow up to Grove Report. 2000 Invited Speaker at Tsinghua University.
I have edited and authored 4 books and written more than 30 technical articles, a full list is available on request. My research has been cited in two government reviews: The Latham Review and The Woolf Report.