Solicitor & Commercial Mediator
- Commercial Disputes
- Engineering/Manufacturing disputes
- Property disputes
- Professional Negligence
- Partnership disputes
- Boundaries/title disputes
- Landlord and Tenant
- RTA/work/other injury claims
- Building and Construction disputes
Year of Professional Accreditation: 1984
Year of Mediator accreditation: 2007
- Sheffield University 1977-1981
- Chester Law College 1982-1983
- Partner in Litigation & Dispute Resolution Department Fidler & Pepper 1986 – 2017.
- 2017 – 2020, Partner, Hopkins Solicitors LLP.
- Currently an in-house solicitor.
Extensive experience of advising in a range of both civil and commercial disputes from boundary disputes to breaches of general commercial contracts and company partnership break ups.
Advising in negligence claims to the value of several million-pound settlements, with particular expertise in road traffic and work-based accidents including involvement in one of the first UK structured settlement cases.
Working in the historic heart of a dominant coal mining community with strong links with Trades Unions, worked with a textile manufacturer to negotiate the withdrawal of a powerful trades union agreement. Success depends upon extensive research and objective risk analysis based on the strength of each case.
Commercially minded with very strong technical knowledge in Engineering and Manufacturing and technical IT expertise playing an integral part in the growth of the firm through IT initiatives.
A practical, lateral thinker with the inner strength to see things through, supported by excellent time management skills. A calm and gentle disposition, inquisitive and thorough, quickly building up knowledge through well-developed listening skills.